[wp-forums] To unspam or not to delete - that is the question...

andrea_r andrea at ronandandrea.com
Mon Sep 13 21:26:23 UTC 2010

I did spend a lot of time one day hunting down a link to the Plesk
forums, where a bug was indeed introduced in a particular version that
did exactly that - hijack subdomains.

I also ran into the exact same issue myself, with Plesk, on MediaTemple.
Which is a cloud hos,t correct? Only difference between that and his
setup was he's on Unix, which seems to him to be a huge difference.

But he still insisted it was WordPress' fault. I don't think he ever did
say what version of Plesk he was running.

a.

esmi at quirm dot net wrote:
> on 13/09/2010 21:37 James Huff said the following:
>> I took a diplomatic approach.  Obviously he's concerned about the
>> devs "censoring" his tickets, so censoring his posts won't help the
>> issue.  Now, if the trend continues, then perhaps we should close
>> this one too.
>>
>> I recommend that everyone involved take a page from his book and post
>> your links to previous replies as your replies to this topic.
>
> Oh that is *so* evil. I do like it!
>
> Mel

Andrea Rennick, writer of http://wpmututorials.com
Consulting at http://ronandandrea.com
now with Google Apps action. ;)
Phone: 1-506-276-4856 NA East Coast work hours, Mon-Fri only please