[wp-forums] another user name that needs achanging

Mark Duncan wp-t31os at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 25 14:20:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

Rich my comment wasn't necessarily directed at you, it was more of a
general statement about how i feel on the whole username discussion,
sorry i should of been clear.

-- on that topic --
In my opinion any username restrictions should be enforced at the time
of registration, not after a given user has already registered and
received an "A ok!" response from the WordPress website, because let's
face it, in the eyes of a user, if the site lets the registration
through then the user is likely to assume the username is
acceptable/appropriate.. (and maybe quite rightly so).

;)

Mark / t31os