[wp-forums] Let me Google that for you

Joni Mueller joni at jonimueller.com
Sun Nov 28 21:43:10 UTC 2010

Me too.  And I disagree that it's a bit "heavy handed" for the WP forum.  There are a lot of slackjaws that come posting there with a question that has either been asked and answered ad nauseum or is so simple it can be found by a quick Google.  Considering that everyone on the support forum is giving their time and expertise freely, the less time wasted the better.  Seems like it's not that big a price to pay to make these folks do the most basic homework before they go on the board to post their question/problem.  Molly-coddling them will not equip them with the tools they need to survive on the net or most especially in a forum of this kind.  (Most of these critters wouldn't last two seconds in a Usenet group!)

I'd written this post several years ago in a moment of frustration.... And what's at the top of that list? You got it.
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/ltrantgt-attention-help-seekers?replies=8

Joni Mueller
Pixelita Designs
http://www.pixelita.com