[wp-forums] DPA & Copyright in Forums [was: RE: another one asking for deletion]

pormand at mindblender3d.com pormand at mindblender3d.com
Thu Nov 25 03:46:58 UTC 2010

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Gavin Pearce <Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com>
> wrote:
>> And following on from this, who owns the copyright on a post made to the
>> forum? Is it the user, or WordPress foundation, or Automattic? AFAIK, in
>> the T&Cs, you don't assign any rights other to the latter - technically
>> giving the user the right to request their copyrighted information is
>> deleted?
>
> I don't want to get all legal, but seems like I have to.

   <snip />

> -Otto

That's great copyright info!

Just a question, though. Where's the source on this? I mean, where did you
figure this out? As most web designers/maintainers deal with information
and intellectual property on a regular basis, it would be really nice to
know the location of a good resource on Copyrights, etc.

Just curious,
MindBlender 3D