[wp-forums] Registration page mock image

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Mar 12 21:27:35 UTC 2010

on 12/03/2010 16:50 S Bollinger said the following:
> That would be a good place to link forum rules.

Minor counter suggestion...

Make it a link to a page called something like "New to The Forums? Where
To Start". The resulting page could then contain:

- A link to the Forum Rules
- A link to Using the Support Forums
- A link to the FAQ Hot Topics
- A link to Support Forum Volunteers
etc.

Each with a very short summary

Bring all of the various pages together in *one* place. No one will read
everything initially but it will give them 1 page to go back to if they
need to look for something later on. A link to this page could also be
added to the confirmation email. Since that email contains the forum
password, it increases the chance that the mail (and the link) will be
stored locally for future reference.

> I liked your mock up - would definitely be clear.

Agreed. Far better than the current registration page. However, if it is
implemented and proper use of label markup isn't included this time, I
will be forced to rant at someone. Or blog about it...

Mel / esmi