[wp-forums] Forum Rules Edits

Micah Cooksey micah at ronnykathy.com
Fri Mar 12 19:09:48 UTC 2010

You know, after looking through the forum rules again, most of the
existing rules wouldn't really benefit from an analogy.  I still don't
know if one or two might not be a bad idea, but if we decide not to
use any at all, that would be fine.

As long as the wiki is prominently linked to, I think that'd be a
great idea.  I like the idea of placing the link to it with the
getting started links above the search form as well.  But again, it
would need to be easily findable because even the existing forum
sticky is ignored, so a codex page could potentially be ignored even
more unless it was linked to from several places.  I think even just
the word "Codex" could be a potential turnoff for the non-techy people
out there which is why a lot of people post questions that could be
found easily by simply typing it into the codex.  I'm not trying to
say it's not a good idea, because it is.  I think we should just keep
the prominence factor first priority.
Micah Cooksey
micah at ronnykathy.com