[wp-forums] Forum Rules Edits

Micah Cooksey micah at ronnykathy.com
Fri Mar 12 01:14:21 UTC 2010

On Mar 11, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Mark / t31os wrote:

> Anyway... so come on, give me an example.. pick a rule and turn it
> into an analogy, i'm keen to see one now .... ;)
>
> It was your idea, so you get to go first.. :) hehe..

Oh, so you had to go there, did you lol :D

For pasting code in posts, we could say (this is just an example, bear
in mind):

Don't paste overly large amounts of code in your posts (ie more than
fifteen lines).  When trying to get help with your car, you wouldn't
bring your whole engine inside the repair shop and set it on the
counter, you would tell the mechanic where your car is, so that he can
go outside, flip the hood open, and look at it in the parking lot.

That may be totally useless as an analogy and would need some editing,
but it was the best I could come up with off the top of my head :D