[wp-forums] Profanity in Usernames

Mark R tamba2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 15:23:17 UTC 2010

The thread seems to be branching out to cover more issues. Possibly
one issue in new threads?

The reason this mailing list exists was because there was a need to
discuss forum issues and because the only other way would be by email
- effectively a private forum. I thought it was important that all
conversation was had in public, where those not involved in any issue
directly could temper any discussion, where there was an open record
of how decisions had been reached and because it seemed the right
thing to do.
While creating a mods-only forum would be very easy that then creates
a whole new set of problems about who gets in, when is a mod not
active enough to be there, who leaked the screenshot of a
conversation, users not knowing what is being decided and more. It
would not work. Better that when anything is written it is done so
with the knowledge that it will be seen by all subscribers.
So I would suggest that this mailing list continue to be used but
threads be more tightly focussed.

Mark.