[wp-forums] Profanity in Usernames

Mark / t31os wp-t31os at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 11 01:30:27 UTC 2010

Sounds good..

Shame about the theme access, i'd have changed half the forum by now if
i had it.. ;)

I'm kidding of course, but the forum does need some work, i've been
writing my own CSS to restyle the forum since i joined, it would nice if
it got some love.

----

Chris Kasten wrote:
> If we can gain consensus and nail down where that link would go -- and
> what's on it -- then we can certainly approach the Automattic lads about
> getting it implemented.
>
> It isn't something any of the mods can do though. We don't have access to
> the actual theme.
>
> - Chris
A note next to the username regarding profanity sounds good Mel,
something short, simple and clear.

I'd be interested to see what you come up with regarding the
rules/guidelines, if you want to post updates or info about what you get
done via the list i'll happily offer input(and help writing), as i'm
sure others will to.

I'm not entirely sold on using two documents, which page would have your
proposed text..

1. Here's a list of all the things you can do to help others help you.
2. Here's another list of all of the things you shouldn't do unless you
want to get banned, moderated or otherwise get into trouble.

Wouldn't that be another page? A third, linking to the other two...?

Although i'm all visuals me, if i can't picture it, i sometimes have
hard time understanding it, don't worry if i don't get it straight away.

-------