[wp-forums] Topic Shows Nothing to Edit?

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Jul 27 18:23:14 UTC 2010

on 27/07/2010 08:56 James Huff said the following:
> Ok, so I'm trying to remove the code from this topic (the user posted
> /wp-includes/rewrite.php in its entirety), but when I click "Edit,"
> the post area is blank.  Is anyone else seeing this?  I can edit
> other topics, just not this one.
>
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/429374

I've had similar problems  - both pre and post upgrade  - where someone
has posted particularly large code blocks. From what I can tell, it's an
editor issue. Either the code block is simply too large and overwhelms
the edit pane. Or, more likely, something within the code block is being
parsed - resulting in a blank Edit pane.

Last time this occurred - about 2 days ago - I found that, despite the
blank Edit pane, I could still add the standard "code moderated" message
which did replace the original content.

Mel