[wp-forums] Mr Otto - Blank followups to welcomes?

mrmist listswptesters at mist.org.uk
Fri Jul 23 07:19:24 UTC 2010

In message <C7503781-1A31-4778-9B8E-5B8B6A30B59D at ftwr.co.uk>, Peter
Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> writes

>On 22 Jul 2010, at 21:04, mrmist wrote:
>
>> It's probably a dumb question, but why the blank follow-ups to all
>>the welcome posts?
>>
>I suspect so as to stop them appearing in the no-replies list.

Fair enough.  One reason for asking was that it meant that two replies
show in the modlook RSS feed, as the general welcome was being used as a
modlook marker to keep the feed alive.

Assuming we need the blank post in the welcome threads to keep it at the
top or out of the no replies list, I've created a new thread to keep the
modlook thread on.

--
mrmist