[wp-forums] nsfw links

Christopher Ross cross at thisismyurl.com
Thu Jul 22 15:32:58 UTC 2010

Mark, I feel a little dim but I had no idea what [NSFW] meant. In the first example in the board, it's marked WARNING- Graphic Content but the later reply ([NSFW] http://www.bestgore.com/stoning/honor-killing-video-dua-khalil-aswad-stoned-death-iraq/) has no warning aside from the acronym.

I applaud the effort to label these links but I'm not sure that most people would know what [NSFW] means.  Is it possible to indicated it in a less technical nature? For example could we shortcode [NSFW] to insert test such as "Warning: Link Not Suitable for Workplace" or something similar?

Chris

On 2010-07-22, at 11:38 AM, Mark Duncan wrote:

> This is covered on the forum welcome page here.
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Warn_About_Adult_Content
>
> I personally mark thread titles with NSFW when a thread contains links to mature content, i usually prepend the text before the link to.
>
> See here as one example.
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/268511
>
> As long as the links are marked appropriately i believe it's ok for users to post them.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Mark / t31os

__

Christopher Ross