[wp-forums] Upgrades to WordPress.org forums

Michael D Adams mdawaffe at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 10 01:00:56 UTC 2010

A problem with the WordPress.org databases caused massive duplication
of data in some of the database tables.

The duplicate data makes the site unusably slow and very unstable.

For the past couple of hours, I've been removing that duplicate data,
but it's taking longer than I had originally predicted.

We've fixed the database problem and have written some code to make
sure a similar problem doesn't occur, but the cleanup is still going
to take a while longer.

I believe the forums will be down for at least another hour.

Mike
--mdawaffe