[wp-forums] Ethical practices of consultants

Mark Ratledge mark at markratledge.com
Thu Jul 1 00:07:15 UTC 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 5:39 PM, James Huff wrote:

> The basic format of such a topic (which would be closed and sticky, btw) would include a brief bit on what we consider to be "ethical practices"...

Thoughts:

I think there should be real clarity in what is considered to be ethical and what is considered to be not ethical.

Should people or consultants *never* email people offering to fix what they need fixed? Can people or consultants email help seekers with a simple "contact me if you are interested?"

Sounds like there will be a list of unethical consultants; will there be a list of ethical consultants? And who decides that?

Should be people be pointed to jobs.wordpress.net or sites like Elance?

I can already see this: what's the process when a consultant is blacklisted and they subsequently raise hell about it in the forums? Delete the thread? Delete the user?