[wp-forums] Was I right in closing this?

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:32:38 UTC 2010

> On a side note...  Is Gravity Forms GPL or commercial anyways? Because
> seriously, upon reflection I wonder if that topic owner had a point...
>
> According to http://www.gravityforms.com/terms-and-conditions/ it is
> licensed GPL. But you can't get it without paying? Seems kinda sketch, as my
> teens would say...

Certainly not the place for a license war, but I don't think anything
precludes a plugin author from licensing a plugin as GPL, and then
charging for some kind of support cost to download the plugin. A GPL
license wouldn't prevent anyone from giving that plugin away though.

Now whether wp.org wants to support people asking for/sharing free
copies of a paid plugin is another story. I'd lean towards those type
threads being closed/deleted as has been done.

But again, not intending to flame that fire, it's been done adnaseum on
other lists, forums, blog posts…

~miklb