[wp-forums] account deletion

Mr mist listswpforum at mist.org.uk
Wed Dec 8 11:00:06 UTC 2010

In message <8FE0CF22-60E8-415B-AA24-8D82652AC94C at ftwr.co.uk>, Peter
Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> writes

>I don't think it is the WP.org account they want to delete it is only 8
>hours old:

Yeah it seemed a bit odd, that's partly why I asked him for confirmation
(as well as the usual story that people get a bit confused about what we
can delete.)

>http://wordpress.org/support/profile/jacksonathomas
>
>Also would it not be better to mark the accounts as inactive rather
>than deleting as they are used for Single Sign On across all of WP.org

Sure.  My (personal) view is that we should do nothing, and they can
live with it.  Inactive also works, though. (Or, literally, inactive
doesn't work. argh.)

--
mrmist