[wp-forums] Cross-language upgrading

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu Dec 2 00:57:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM, esmi at quirm dot net <esmi at quirm.net>wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with non-English versions of WP? Specifically,
> would be OK to deliberately upgrade to English 3.0.2 over a Brazilian 3.0.1
> install?
>
> The OP actually wants to switch to English but I'm out of my depth...
>
> <
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-it-safe-to-install-302-over-translated-301

Replied.

WP gives the option to update to 3.0.2 even if it's not in your language. If
they do so, their locale will remain set to pt_BR, which means they'll
continue to see localized updates in the future. This is fine. They can
update to 3.0.2-en_US, then again to 3.0.2-pt_BR.

In this case, he'll want to change WPLANG, that way he goes back to English
entirely.

Nacin