[wp-forums] MichaelH forums wishlist

Josh Leuze jleuze at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 01:51:44 GMT 2009

That is a great list, I don't see anything on there that wouldn't be handy.

But for me, the biggest issue I have with the forums is not being able to
easily track when someone has replied back on a thread.

I hate having to check in and poke around to see which threads are still
alive and need a response from me. Things get missed and some people
inadvertently get the cold shoulder!

If the the "Recent Replies" list can't be easily modified to be sortable, I
would much prefer that it was sorted by default not by which threads I had
last posted on, but by which threads had been last posted to at all. I want
the freshest ones at the top of the list so that I can see them, that alone
would be so helpful!

Of course, it would be even better if I didn't have to check in at all. I'd
love to know when a thread that I have started or posted on had a reply
without having to check, but I certainly don't want to clutter up my RSS
reader. I would much rather be able to subscribe to follow ups by email,
much like you can on the comments of many blogs.

If I am doing this the hard way, and someone has any good tips for keep up
on replies without babysitting, I'd love to hear about them!
--
-Josh Leuze
www.JLeuze.com