[wp-forums] admin help for user name change?

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 04:29:40 UTC 2009

On 12/29/09 10:27 AM, mrmist wrote:
> In message
> <2b0d85240912290713p3eafaa6l818c74131068436 at mail.gmail.com>, Chris
> Kasten <handy.solo at gmail.com> writes
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 2:02 AM, mrmist <listswptesters at mist.org.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can any of the site admins help out here?
>>>
>>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/345934?replies=3#post-1330960
>>> --
>>> mrmist
>>>

>> Alas, nope. We can't change names.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, why is that topic closed?
>
> Was hoping that closing it would stop it being brought up to the top
> and lessen the views of the email address. Bit pointless really but
> heh-ho.

Would deleting the thread help at all?

Seems odd can't edit a username, but then again, can't do that in WP
either without going into the DB.

Also I have the option of deleting the user, not sure if all mods can or
not. Perhaps we can delete that user and notify him via his email,
though he might not see it if he's getting a lot of spam.

~miklb