[wp-forums] resolved threads

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Mon May 5 13:19:04 GMT 2008

Please add the tag "modlook" if you believe a post is spam or needs direct
intervention.
I and several others monitor a feed from that tag. Any you're right -- they
don't benefit as all URLs are nofollowed. :-) But it's good to get that crap
deleted.

As for the resolved... Some of us used to dabble with marking 'em resolved.
What happens is that sometimes the Original Poster doesn't agree -- but has
no way to "un-resolve" his thread.  They get mad or even write flaming blog
posts about how idiotic the moderators are (yeah, sadly I'm serious).

As you've noticed, there are many cases where the OP asks their question,
someone answers and it ends.  We don't really know if that answer was the
right one or not...

When the OP responds back and says he's all fixed we (not just mods) should
probably get in the habit of then asking *them* to mark it as resolved.

Great thoughts and thanks for being a contributor and helper. We need more!

HandySolo / Chris