[wp-forums] Problems on categories in wpmu

Cadu de Castro Alves cadudecastroalves at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:39:05 GMT 2008

Hi people!

I've been having problems with categories in wpmu. I've a blog with
categories and subcategories. I'm going to use an example to explain my
problem.
I have a parent category called "Books", a subcategory (the book's subject)
called "Economics" and 5 another subcategories (the book's list), like the
following example:

   - Books
      - Economics
         - Book title one
         - Book title two
         - Book title three
         - Book title four
         - Book title five

I used the the following code to show a sidebar in the category page
(Books):

<?php
    $category = get_the_category();
    if($category[0]->category_parent == 41) {
        include(TEMPLATEPATH . '/sidebar_livros.php');
    } else {
        get_sidebar();
    }
?>

My problem is: when the user clicks on the last 2 book's links, the book
page is displayed, but isn't displayed sidebar_livros.php.
Check out: http://informeeconomico.com.br/en/books
Click on Principles of Economics or Statistics or Econometrics to see the
problem.

Do you know what's happening?

Best regards,

Cadu de Castro Alves