[wp-forums] Keeping posts on topic

Michael Fields michael at mfields.org
Tue Apr 8 13:39:58 GMT 2008

Hi.
I help out sometimes in the forums. Seems like I've been on a question
answering streak lately. One thing that has always bothered me about the
forums is when the following happens:

1.    Question A is asked by a member #1.
2.    I answer post about question A.
3.    Member #2 answers my reply with another question that is similar,
but opens up a can of worms that I am not comfortable sticking my
fingers in.\

My question is "Is it alright to ask Member #2 to start a new thread?" I
read of the forum rules sticky before I sent this mail and didn't find
anything in regards to this - so I thought I would ask here. This
concerns me because I only answer posts that I am sure I can tackle.

Thanks for any advice,
-Mike