[wp-forums] spammer in the forums

Dr. Mike Wendell theapparatus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 14:26:42 GMT 2007

On 3/23/07, Petit <petit at petitpub.com> wrote:
> I gave him/her hope!
> I hope that's the right thing to do ;)

I followed up with my reasoning.  I sat here for about 5 minutes
trying to think of another word than spammer when I first wrote that
but couldn't think of anything. One of the wp.org mods (I'll let them
weigh in if they want to) and I traded a couple of emails back and
forth on the subject.  He seemed to be scratching his head as well
over the OP.

I hate deleteing posts on wp.com but I've got to admit that we get hit
by a half dozen auto poster bots every week.  Some times I walk into
20-30 of those posts when I sit down to start.  I had first thought it
was one of those looking for the term tinymce within the forums.
We've had those as well over at wp.com.

Regards,
-drmike

--