[wp-forums] The future of the forums

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 19:58:40 GMT 2007

Gonna have to get you a publisher's license for that book.  :-p

If I understand your treatise on why I'm all wet, my response would be as
follows:

When making a new post, there's a Post field for the err, post, and right
below it a "Send Post" button.  I'd propose that right to the left of that
"Send Post" button, we add a little drop-down box or series of check boxes
that list current/reasonable releases.

Something like:
older
1.5x
2.0x
2.1x
2.2beta (?)
Not listed.

Something along those lines at any rate.  Then, for each post (not
thread/topic) we know what release they're on.

Maybe even some helpful text next to it (Not sure what version?  Log in and
look at the bottom of any admin page!).

Anywho, that's my vision.

On 1/29/07, spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> spencerp wrote:
> > Handy wrote:
> >> After more pondering...
> >>
> >> My take:
> >>
> >> Don't duplicate all the forums.  Just add some way that folks can
> >> indicate
> >> what release they're running as part of the posting process.
> > That sounds good too, however, how would/could this be done, though?
> > Just looking at the index page again there.. I see the normal forums,
> > and if I was User Billybob coming to the forums for *only* 2.1
> > support, dive into one of those forums.. how would I/Billybob know
> > which are *only* 2.1 threads to browse through for possible support,
> > or whatever? Because, not everyone includes "2.1" in their titles, or
> > includes "2.1" in their posts content.

8< running with scissors >8