[wp-forums] Search thoughts

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Sat Jan 27 09:22:44 GMT 2007

Handy wrote:
> Just saw this post: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/102731?replies=1
>
> In summary, the poster is asking if the search results could be sorted by
> date.

Which date? Date of original post? The last reply?

I keep an eye on more than a few threads over a year old which continue
to receive inquiries and new solutions posted to them. I'm not sure how
such topics would fall under such an arrangement.

> Which begs this question:  How are search results currently sorted?

I imagine they're returned as Yahoo passes them through. Does their API
provide a mechanism to sort? I don't recall one the last time I looked
it over.

-Kaf