[wp-forums] Beta Forum description

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 05:22:48 GMT 2007

As a point of history, at least as I remember it, the forums generally *DO
NOT* support alpha, bleeding-edge, versions.  Only when 2.0 was being
introduced, was the beta forum generated.   I do not have the ability to
close it, or lock it, I can only change the name.  Last week, with RC2 on
the shelf, I changed the title, to try and divert any new posts.  2.1 went
gold, and theoretically, it should be closed until the next beta.

Personally, if there's a "market" for a forum for "bleeding-edge" users, and
people want to support it, I have no qualms.  The problem lies however, in
new users getting confused with the different categories, or fora as it is.

So, I can start  a new 2.0.x branch forum, and we can try to recruit support
volunteers for that (it's been committed to be supported for several years),
and I can change 2.1 beta to what ever we want.  But Matt/madwaffee can do
their thing to close/lock the beta forum.

~miklb