[wp-forums] 2.1 RC1

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 04:51:08 GMT 2007

[Matt wrote>
I'd be happy to take a look at this, are you saying you want Beta excluded from the front page?

2.1 is coming out Monday (as said in the dev blog on Jan 9) so it might not be a big deal for much longer.]

Not speaking for Michael B here, but, IMHO.. it would probably be better to exclude the Beta forum threads from the Latest Discussions section. Being that, most volunteers won't, or don't want to really help with "non-released", or even "soon-to-be released" beta/versions of WordPress.

Because most volunteers don't know how to answer those questions, or, have never even tried the trunk/ versions of WordPress. They also do not like to encourage the average WP Joe to download those trunk/ versions, because the average WP Joe might want to use it on Live blogs, which isn't a good thing to do...

Again, IMHO.. with the Beta forum threads, staying in the Beta forum itself.. it is also nice for the Devs, the wp-testers, and even wp-hackers .. keep an eye on just that forum, rather then having to browse else where for such "Beta/Trunk" copies of WP - related questions and issues..

Of course, like I said in last reply.. with 2.1 being released soon, those questions would be handled in the normal WP forums just as 2.0.X is now. But, what I said above was thinking along the lines of a "from now on" type thing to do.. Might just be better to exclude the Beta forum threads from making it into the Latest Discussions section.. ;) :)

Just my 2 cents. :) ;)

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net