[wp-forums] Akismet thoughts

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 22:37:39 GMT 2007

Honest, I'm not a major whiner in real life.  :-)

Some thoughts on akismet anti-spam measures in the wordpress.org support
forums.

1) Would it be worthwhile to explore the idea of a notification list or feed
on the askimet list?  Instead of checking every few hours (yeah, I'm a bit
psycho) I and the others could then just monitor a feed or email inbox.

2) When akismet marks something as spam, could we give the poster a wee bit
of feedback?  Enough to let 'em know that trying 7 more times won't make a
difference?  Here's the most recent thoughts from a user:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/106960?replies=7#post-520395
(there have been others, but this one is at least reasoned and thought out).

Cheers,

Handy