[wp-forums] support forum timeouts

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Mon Feb 5 11:16:59 GMT 2007

spencerp wrote:
> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>> spencerp wrote:
>>> Awesome! I can't wait for those new servers to kick in! ;) :)  While
>>> on the discussion of "improvements", have you thought about those
>>> proposed forum changes yet, or.. were you maybe waiting on the new
>>> servers to kick in first.. or..? Also, can you check to make sure my
>>> email address isn't caught in the spam filters, traps or whatever?
>>> "spencerp1 at gmail.com is the address.. I've sent several emails to a
>>> few of the wp- lists and most haven't made it through sigh..
>>
>> Wasn't someone going to email me with what the consensus for changes
>> was? I haven't gotten anything like that, afaik. If you guys can make
>> a list of what you want to change, I can start banging at it.
>>
> <snip>
> Comment-Quicktag-4-bbPress Plugin. - It adds the little buttons
> for:  [close tags] [bold] [italic] [b-quote] [code] [ol] [ul] [li]
> http://www.40annibuttati.it/comment-quicktag-4-bbpress-plugin/#english
>
> Download:
> http://www.40annibuttati.it/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/comment_qt_4_bbpress.zip
>

> <snip>
> I believe that this plugin will make it a lot easier for everyone to
> post threads and replies in the forums.
>
> I know Petit said there was a little "flaw" with it.. it's nothing too
> big to worry about though.. For the most part, that plugin works just
> great.. :D ;)  I'm not sure what everyone else thinks of it, no one
> really said anything about it.. except for Les Bessant.. =/
Right. I said it should preserve whitespace for <code> to make code
snippets in postings for better readability.
Other than that, I'd like to have the quicktag in the support forum.
Not all users of WordPress are "hackers" and fancy the "make `back
ticks`" approach.
/Petit

and spencerp goes on to say: