[wp-forums] Please read! Inregards to Install4free.. devs, podz, anyone!

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Sat Sep 30 21:25:11 GMT 2006

From: "spencerp" <spencerp1 at gmail.com>
> If you think so Michael, maybe storing our "own" handled ones in a TXT
file/ on zip or 3 1/2 floppy or something? I was thinking along the lines
of, people re-contacting us, about maybe future issues with their install..
Which DID happen to me already.. a few times..

> Because they did ask me for help, because *they did* something to their
own blog,.. of course though.. we are NOT supposed to be personal support
reps for them... Guess that's part of the "customer service guilt trip"
deal.. LoL!

> Was also thinking of keeping them, for the "record" type deal, which you
mentioned, and having the info there, for each individual installers
"handled requests".. to know what was actually done with it..

> And also, to know who handled who, to be able to grab the user's email
addy.. to ask for a possible testimonial page contribution.. Unless of
course... you think that shouldn't be either.. I dunno .. =/

We're supposed to be deleting the data about our installs such as passwords
etc.  If you need the data, which has been necessary for me several times,
ask the user again.

If we want testimonials, then when people thank us and ask what they can do
for us, point them to a testimonial thread at the support forums.

But I am all for deleting the info that was entrusted to us and if the
customer wants to reveal there web-site to the world, let them do that via a
testimonial.

MichaelH