[wp-forums] Forums heat map

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Thu Sep 28 22:35:36 GMT 2006

Lara @ Anubis Marketing wrote:
>> Just wanted to bring this thread to everyone's attention:
>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/88794
>>
>> Looks like we're well on the right track, at the least.
>>
> Podz wrote;
>
> If you want us all to dig and find supporters then we can.
> But to start that would be juvenile.
>
> Lara - try this: The forums exist to help users. They are not there for an
> individual to try and change just because they want to. If they were so
> badly broken then they would not have the reputation and the traffic.
> At what point did you want the animated gif sig?
>
> P.

Lara @ Anubis Marketing wrote:
> OMG - I found that because I decided to go to the forums and try to answer
> some questions, clicked on no-replies, and found it. I wasn't digging for
> supporters, and I wasn't being juvenile. Frankly, I think that the way ideas
> are being attacked around here is quite juvenile.
>
> Podz - try this: Stop holding grudges against people and listen to what
> they're saying. Stop assuming that people make suggestions for their own
> benefit, and believe them when they say that what they're suggesting is for
> the benefit of the end users - the people coming to the forums for help.
> Stop assuming that someone you don't like can't possibly have anything of
> any value to add to a discussion. Try that.
>
> I have no freaking idea what the hell you're talking about with the animated
> gif sig. You must be confusing me with someone else you've decided you hate.
>
> I'm done. I refuse to continue to try to help and support a place where one
> person takes it upon himself to shoot me down every fucking chance he gets.
> I don't come here for abuse by you, Podz. And I sure as fuck don't deserve
> it. It's been a long time coming - you win, Podz. You got rid of me.
> Congrats, go throw a fucking party.
>
> ~ Lara
Slightly OT - bear with me if you will!

Well Lara, I see your point here, but please stay!
You're a spice on the list and in the forum.

Everyone could have a bad day, Podz really had his here.
There were no signs of reading and no real arguments in his replies to you.

If we are all expected not to lurk, but to participate, any arguments
against our views should be given
after reading and ( maybe shortly ) contemplating, and on the matter.

Podz, you are not your usual self in this.
You have great influence, and good ideas and you are working hard in and
for this community.
That's great and someone has to take responsibility. It's not a
democracy, as has been pointed out,
and I don't think it can be. But when quite a few people find they are
not listened to,
maybe you should "Think. Then type." ( I like that imperative of yours ).

I'd hate to see great contributors to the forum and this list to go, so
kiss and make up!
You're both of great value here.

That's IMHO of course. I'm after all fairly fresh ;)

/Petit