[wp-forums] Re: wp-forums Digest, Vol 16, Issue 73

Yosemite yosemite at samdevol.com
Thu Sep 28 13:32:07 GMT 2006

> Handy wrote:
>> Wonder if that would change if it didn't have that big honking
>> [closed] in
>> front of it?  Maybe that scares 'em off?
>
> I think that's missing the point. As we said before, when people click
> "support" they don't want forum rules, they want help. They want to
> know how to install, tweak, fix their WP.
>
> --
> Matt Mullenweg
Let's keep our eye on the ball. What people want is for a detailed fix
to be put in front of them as soon as possible. This simply isn't
possible. People have to bring something to the table (configs,
versions, etc.), so whatever enhances that (getting users to post clear
questions) should be considered.

It's always a 2-pronged maneuver, try to educate the user how to ask
viable questions and find-answers, and then responding with guidance
when they don't.

Change the "big honking [closed]". If it results in one more person a
week clicking on it it's worth it.

-Sam
www.samdevol.com