[wp-forums] Quick question about thread display

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 01:35:04 GMT 2006

On 9/22/06, Handy <handy.solo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/22/06, Michael D Adams <mikea at turbonet.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sep 22, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Handy wrote:
> > > At the top of a thread, how should I interpret this:
> > >
> > > (2 posts <http://wordpress.org/support/topic/88130?replies=2 > +-1
> > > more)
> >
> > #1 here: http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-forums/2006-
> > September/003534.html
> >
> > Wasn't it you that said something like: "how do we know if the (now
> > old) 'view all' link will do anything".  The +x more means "there are
> > x deleted or spam posts in this topic, click here to view them".
>

> Yep, and that works great.  Thanks.  Granted, it's not what I'm asking
> about here.
>
> In the example given (click the link) there's a "+-".  Not just a "+" like
> normal.  Clicking that doesn't show any more or any less posts.  So what
> does it mean?

To continue, here's one that works as expected: (3 posts +1
more<http://wordpress.org/support/topic/88196?replies=3&view=all>
)

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/88196?replies=3

First post in that thread was blank, so I deleted it.  Get's the "+1 more"
and when I click it, I see an extra post.

So just to be clear, it's the ones that show "+- more" (aka plus-minus more)
that seem... odd.  Does it cause anguish and strife?  Nope.

Do I like upsetting every automattic employee I come in contact with?  Nope.

Just trying to provide value.