[wp-forums] WordPress Nightlies

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:46:21 GMT 2006

On 9/20/06, Michael E. Hancock <mhancock at us.net> wrote:

> From: "Lloyd D Budd" <lloydomattic at gmail.com>
> > By explicitly including a field for environment information, you are
> > less likely to have to ask in the first reply what version someone is
> > running or have to go to their site to check the source code.
> >
> > Support organizations consistently find "guided" reporting greatly
> > increases quality of reports.
>
> Knowing the WordPress version number would always make support easier,
> particularly in the weeks directly following a new release.
>
> As Handy mentioned, there's also the apache version, and then the mysql,
> and
> php versions...
>
> Since they're working on the forum software this might be a good time to
> get
> that into the mix.
>
> Welcome aboard BTW!

Oh yeah - what he said, welcome aboard.

This idea just gets my little developer beanie spinning.  An (optional) form
below the new post field.  *shivers with glee*

Please fill out as much as you can:

WordPress version:  _____  (check the bottom of any Admin page)
Web server:  [ ] Apache  [ ] IIS   [ ] other __________
Web server version: _________