[wp-forums] Request/suggestion

Cori Schlegel kinrowan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 12:15:34 GMT 2006

I realize I didn't add this request to the recent lengthy discussion of
changes to the forae.  That was partly because I'm not consistently
active in the forums, and partly because it seemed slightly off-topic to
the general discussions of forum flow and usability, and partly because
it's possibly a fairly extensive change on the back end.

All of that said, it seems to me that it would be nice to have the
option of automatically adding any thread you add a comment to to your
favorite threads.  I just started subscribing to my favorites feed, and
it would be nice to see things I've responded to automatically in that
list, similarly to how in the Codex you can set an option to have pages
you've edited added to your watchlist.

Also, a question out of curiosity.  Previously the MU forums have been
forced to use the same search box as the regular forums on the front
page because (as I understand it) the templates used for the MU forums
and the standard forums were shared.  Since I don't see the recent
changes to the standard forums reflected on the MU forums, does that
mean that requirement had been lifted?

Thanks for everything, all;
cori