[wp-forums] WordPress Nightlies

Lloyd D Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 01:30:50 GMT 2006

Do you see much wp.org/support traffic from people running nightlies?
Did you right before 2.0 was released?

I have mixed feelings about nightlies, and I see that WordPress has
had similar experience as my own.

I saw http://ketsugi.com/software/wordpress/wordpress-nightlies/
(number 1 in the results) and so responded with the correct location
from my own Google search (number 3 in the results) thinking it was
better than someone rolling their own.

I don't think I ever really read
http://wordpress.org/download/nightly/ Joining mailing lists is an
auto pilot activity for me, and I imagine many other people including
ketsug.

Since posting my response, I see just how thoughtful a decision it was
not to provide a link
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-testers/2005-June/000252.html
http://wordpress.org/development/2005/03/wp-testers/

I don't feel bad because the URL is right there near the top of the
results, but I wonder where that leaves us today?

Would wordpress.org/support benefit from an "Wordpress Environment"
field on submitting a new post?

Thank you,
Lloyd