[wp-forums] The "Changes" - PT2 - Let's get this together..

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Sat Sep 16 02:16:20 GMT 2006

Handy wrote:
<snip>
> > [+1?] - "When a thread gets marked as Resolved, close it too.
> > If folks want to dredge up golden-oldies, let 'em refer to
> it by link.
> > After 50 or more posts the topic has often drifted all over
> hell and
> > back."
<snip>

I've already put my -1 in on this one, but I'd like to add a footnote, I'll often tag something
resolved when it's clear that the OP's question has been answered or problem solved, however often
someone will come along and add something of real value later on, I know that can be an issue for
really old posts with lots of replys, but I think that the value of additional comments too often
outweighs automatically 'closing' a thread even after it's tagged resolved...

~~
Christopher J. Hradil
http://hradil.us