[wp-forums] Egads...

Shelly foolish.visions at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 12:08:41 GMT 2006

 >>If I'm in a good mood, I'd say block and delete.

If I'm in a bad mood, I'd say seek out and destroy<<

I'm *always* in the mood for a good "seek out and destroy" when it comes
to spammers.  >insert evil laugh here<

I *hate* spammers.

 >>Someone is going to need to investigate the registration process
further to really combat this.<<

I'm guessing we're using a PHP form to create accounts, yes?  Could we
not just use some validation/input checking before the account is
created?  For example, I have a PHP contact form I created a while back
that works really well - it only allows certain characters to be entered
into the input fields (like, in email, it'll accept "@", numbers and
letters; and if it's in any other format than
something at something.somethingwithonlythreelettersunlessit'slike"co.uk"
then it won't accept it.  Name is letters only - so a URL wouldn't make
it through.  I think it'd be pretty simple to edit the form code to do
the same thing, wouldn't it?  Same idea - to prevent form injection...

If I'm wrong, though, you may spank me with a wet noodle.

~Shelly