[wp-forums] Forums updated = Borky Updated

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:29:18 GMT 2006

On 9/11/06, Michael D Adams <mikea at turbonet.com> wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2006, at 4:33 AM, spencer wrote:
>
> > 2) The # link on a reply in the forums, are borked, the URL is
> > incomplete..and gives a WRONG URL for the thread itself! As you can
> > see here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/86687?replies=13
>
> Fixed, will be pushed live soon.
>
> > 3) In the forums Admin section, that "bb_get_user needs a numeric
> > ID"  error is still around.. For almost every where, in there.. (On
> > a sidenote: This was even going on, when trying to setup a bbpress
> > of my own, on the localhost.. Downloaded a copy.. got that same
> > error, didn't have much luck finding the answer for it? )
>
> I'm a little stumped here.  I can't duplicate the error on my site.
> Will continue to look into it.

Perhaps related to the fact that we're only at "Moderator" status?  Maybe
it's a permissions thing?  I'd wager you have a bit higher access level...

> 4) Stumped on the "bozo feature" deal just as Handy.. not sure how
> > this is done, and so forth, and so on.. Is the SPAM link on the
> > forum replies for this? Or does that delete/tag replies, as spam?
> > As Handy said before: "Is this just for the uber-ops, or can common
> > "Moderators" do that too?"
>
> Sorry for the brief explanation last night.
>
> Any one who can edit users can edit a user's profile and mark them as
> a bozo.

Ok, so not Moderators then.

>From that point on, their posts will be invisible to anyone
> but themselves (and mods who care to look).

Can mods truly see them or is it again for those with higher access?

Additionally, posts can be marked as spam.  This has a similar effect
> but applies on a thread by thread basis.  If a post in topic X is
> marked as spam, that user's posts *in that topic* will from then on
> be invisible to others.

sweet!

Bozos con be checked in the admin, as can Spam posts.