[wp-forums] No replies abound

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 20:01:30 GMT 2006

> How will  spending time removing it help them?  It doesn't.  Thus, my argument is to spend the time where it WILL help them.

Yeah true, about spending the time to help them, as we are though, everyday.. and night.. I guess I'm just saying.. a few minutes, or hours on cleaning up some stuff, is asking for too much?

Maybe I'm just assuming that those with the "powers" that be, and the awesome database and PHP knowledge would be able to handle the "improvements/removal/hiding/ of those threads...without a problem.. ? Or, would it really be that hard to do..though..?

> Yep.  You are.

Sorry.. I'm off to sit in the corner on a time out now.. =P

>But I've learned that I apparently don't convey my thoughts well in this list.  Dunno why.

Nah, we all have problems understanding each other sometimes..that's why were always, usually in a debate, rather then getting anything done, or not done .... LOL!

>So, try again:  You want to spend money (time = money, right?) making changes to the forums.  You have limited resources to spend.  Do you:
>
> 1) Make the volunteers happier by giving them smaller lists?  Spend time cleaning out old posts and such.
>
> -or-
>
> 2) Make improvements aimed at helping the newbies find answers to their questions?

Well.. I thought these "new changes" are a part of "helping" the newbies and so forth? Well, for the most part atleast.. =P  But, also was looking "this" as a general, clean up of the crap, and generally "helping" *everyone* in a sense.. but, maybe I'm wrong.. I dunno though..

>You have limited resources.  Who do you want to focus on:  Volunteers or newbies?

Umm.. newbies first, volunteers second of course.. ;) =) =P

spencerp