[wp-forums] No replies abound

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 18:31:15 GMT 2006

On 10/7/06, spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >And I take the opposite approach.  I'd say we just leave 'em around.  No
> real reason to delete 'em.  They aren't hurting anyone.
> >
> >For instance: When I click on a member's profile, I'd prefer to >see all
> the posts they wrote and not wonder how many we >deleted due to age.
>
> Don't get me wrong though, I agree with ya too though.. about leaving them
> alone as they are not hurting anyone.. but, was just speaking more along the
> lines of, removing them from the "no-replies section", as being a little
> nicer for a "Clean up" of browsing under the "no-replies" area..
>
> Maybe some how.. after a X amount of years, months and days.. maybe just
> "hide them" from this section:
> http://wordpress.org/support/view/no-replies
>
> So we have a nicer, more up-to-date view of the "no-replies", rather then
> ones from how loooong ago.. and if we'd, or someone replies to an old one..
> we wouldn't have to worry about getting out the old willow stick for
> spanking.. =P
>
> I dunno, maybe even Craig's suggestion would be nice also. ;) =) "What
> about a new tag to describe them as "still looking for an answer" (not in so
> many words) but out of the loop in terms of "current" no reply posts. -
> Craig"

Try this exercise (and no, honest, I'm not picking on you!)  As you re-read
what you just wrote, ask yourself "How does this benefit someone coming to
the forums seeking help?"

Sure it benefits the volunteers and gives us a shorter list (granted, I see
no need to add a reply to a no-answer topic from 2004...) but how does it
help the newbie looking for answers?