[wp-forums] Please read! Inregards to Install4free.. devs, podz, anyone!

Shelly foolish.visions at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:49:11 GMT 2006

 >>http://wordpress.org/support/topic/88804?replies=9<<

I remember that one.  That was a *complete* pain in the ass.

Hte only info she gave me was the FTP - and it was wrong too.  I went
back and forth with her for a while for info, and she didn't understand
the questions I was asking her, so I had to talk to her like explaining
to a little kid.  I finally got info out of her, and her host had the
thing set up *sooo* screwy it was nuts.  I finally figured it out on my
own and got it put up where it was needed.

As for the comment Moshu made on why I put it in Wordpress instead of
the root - because she asked me to do that.  She wanted it to be "easy
to find" by having things kept separate in their own folders.  Yet she
still wanted the site to show up at the root.  Ha!  As if *anything*
would be easy to find on *that* server.  Criminy.

BY the way, her root was like something I had never seen before -
instead of "www" or "public_html" or something, it was in some weird
folder under htdocs/wmasggt3680954g.tsdndfk" (yes, with the weird
extension *on a folder*) or something like that.  She had 5 folders like
that on her server.  She also had a folder called "blixonline" which I
had *thought* was the folder for her current site.  I basically had to
1) find the main FTP account - because the one she gave me (which *did*
have permissions of full access) would not give me access to some
folders; and 2) I had to write a test text file and place it in several
folders to actually find the one that was displaying her site.  She had
copies of her site in almost every folder - but only *one* of them was
displaying the correct files.  it was a total crapshoot.  When I finally
found it, I installed it and there you go.

Just letting you know this in case anyone else runs across the same
issue with this host.  It was an utter nightmare.  It was like the host
was trying to hide the proper files from their own clients.

This was one of the reasons I've started *demanding* the proper file
path for the upload.  That was so ridiculous.

~Shelly