[wp-forums] Please read! Inregards to Install4free.. devs, podz, anyone!

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:03:27 GMT 2006

<MichaelH wrote>
>>I'm not as organized, so I just leave the comment there to >>keep reminding me who've I contacted.  But I'd say delete >>your 'claimed' comments anytime you want.

Sounds good to me.. ;)  I guess, IMHO, I just see the tagged ones, as being a clutter too.. but, I do see your point though, and especially with my hard drive going like that.. if it happened again, and I didn't backup those txt files and such right away.. I guess I would be pretty much screwed sigh..

<Handy wrote>
>I'd suggest leaving the "claimed" comment there until done.  Helps if you get hit by a bus or abruptly quit.

LOL! That's true Handy.. ;) =P

<Handy wrote>
>And somewhere I saw notice about keeping folks info around >after you're done?  OMG, don't do that.  If people learn that >you're keeping a text file at home with their logon info... well, >folks will holler.

Yeah, that was discussed before as well, briefly I think .. I see your point there Handy.. I've actually been thinking about it again, while in my offline time.. and was thinking about removing that informations myself..

However, some of the time... those that we did do installs for already.. well, for me anyway.. they often send me a reply email, asking if I can go into their folders, and chmod them this and that.. and make sure things are ok in the database and so forth.. if the info is lost.. then, it will be more work, re-asking them for their informations..?

Which leads to this next suggestion/thought/question/, should we maybe EDIT the "Get in touch" page.. to say something in the manner of.. "If after your installation is done, and you would more things adjusted with your installation, please re-submit a request again." ?

Do you think this might help a little bit, or not?

>Once the install is done, I can't see any reason to keep >someone's info.  We're not their private support; just their >installer.

Yeah I know sigh.. I've gotten a number of comments that were geared towards the line of... now I have the right to bug you, when in need of something.. sigh. Again, I see your point on not keeping the info, Handy.. ;) =)  Ah screw it.. I'll delete the stuff.. =P It's just making more work for myself anyway sigh.. thanks for making these comments again, in helping me make up my mind for sure.. ;)

>Just my 2 bits.  Honest, I still hope to help out soon!

Thanks for the 2 bits, it really did help me, in making a decision.. ;)  And I do hope to see ya installing soon though.. ;) =)

spencerp