[wp-forums] Akismet just HATES this guy

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Oct 2 03:16:13 GMT 2006

Michael B wrote:
> Weren't we told that Akismet would get better at this when unveiled?  A
> quick glance through the admin panel for posts marked as spam, it seems to
> me that far too many legit posts are being flagged.  How long does it take
> to "learn"?

Since we started a few weeks ago, here are the stats:

Spam: 730
Ham: 16,585
Missed spam: 22
False positives: 115

That's about a 99.992% effectiveness, which I think is pretty darn good
for an entirely new corpus of data for Akismet to deal with.

Just because one person got wrongly caught, don't forget the big picture.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com