[wp-forums] Lack of code savvy volunteers vs wp-hackers

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 02:41:43 GMT 2006

True, true.  I'm a sexy mutha already, so I need not another feather in my
cap, :-), but it seems as though that the more advanced (extensible) that WP
gets under the hood, the harder it may be for those that might have some
aptitude/desire to employ those options.  There has been some attitude from
my experience that those that are true PHP coders, they can simply wade
through the core functions, and figure it out themselves.  Then there are
those like me, who can follow logical thought, but don't have the background
to get to that themselves. (Side note, I'll gladly tutor someone in the
finer points of cooking for some PHP tutelage)  My issue is that if we could
at least consolidate some of that into /support, then when time comes to
migrate to online documentation, at least it's in a common area to start
with.
  Granted, I came upon wp-hackers quite late in my WP experience, but the
more I read it, the more I see it as an advanced user forum.  Perhaps it had
its place before 1.5 and adoption of plugins, but from my perspective, the
brunt of the posts are really support, not "hacking".  Color me naive.

Worst case scenario, my thread is more fodder for wank.... ;-)

Michael