[wp-forums] I'm back!!!

Phu wordswithstyle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 20:29:02 GMT 2006

Rightly or wrongly, the mod status carries with it additional
responsibility and when it's used inappropriately, it reflects poorly
on WP as well as the individual.

However, even if you ignore this mis-step, the response you posted on
your blog was totally out of order and hugely inflammatory. You've
already taken the post down (as you've already mentioned) but the
damage had already been done and were I an impartial observer, I would
have been immensely disappointed if no action was taken.

Regardless of the situation, there is always a need to uphold a
certain level of respectability and integrity. Whilst you may feel
that you were only defending yourself, it's worth considering what an
outside party would think coming upon your exchange.

Sometimes, it's worth taking a step back to reflect upon the situation
rather than reacting prematurely.