[wp-forums] Two profiles, one member?

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Mon May 22 20:33:18 GMT 2006

There we go - Podz said it better than I did. :) In this and his last post
to the thread about this.

Like I said, I'm totally cool with not having my business site in my profile
- if I'm complaining about someone seeking link juice, then how can I
rightfully allow it to appear like I am doing the same? (Even if those who
know me, know that I am not... Those who don't, won't.)

And I'm "allowed" to help the best way I can. We all are. If I don't know, I
don't post. If I do, then I say something... SEO related to wordpress or
otherwise related to wordpress. And I'm sure that's all cool too. :) I just
don't start/encourage huge threads about GENERIC SEO stuff - not a huge
deal. That's what WMW or sites like that are for... :)

~ Lara

-----Original Messages-----

It makes sense in that we are taking to task people who post to get the
'link juice' as they see it. We make far far more posts than they do yet we
will happily break one link to a splog site. If we have links to commercial
sites then we could be accused of double standards. If we only have links to
personal blogs then we can call the shots cleanly.

<snip>

I can't say this right but there comes a point in any forum that a poster
becomes 'recognised' or 'respectable' or some other word that has the result
of making that making others / reassuring others that they actually are
okay. For instance: someone could post with a problem tonight. Person A
(newcomer) answers and asks for mails off-forum.
Person B (old timer) says the same. Like you I know who I would trust.
It's just something that comes over in the words, the consistency of advice,
.... I can't measure it. I just know it.
So people who are helpful, who do return if they post links I'm actually
more likely to follow to see what I can learn. That's crazy I know but this
thing is hard to articulate in text.

<snip>

P.