[wp-forums] Any one braver than I?

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon May 22 20:01:04 GMT 2006

TechGnome wrote:
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/33097?replies=8#post-382782
>
> He's got a link to a pl (I assume Perl) script.... I'm a bit gun shy
> clicking on it as there's next to no indication as to what it does or
> what it will do when I get there.... any one have a system they would be
> willing to use to click on it? I'm going to mod the post at least to
> provide a warning that the content of the link us unverified and that
> people click the link at their own risk. At the same time, I'll ask the
> poster to update his post to provide more info and a zip/tar file
> instead of directly to the script.

http://cfcl.com/vlb/Projects/SampleCode/XMLRPC/blogpost_wp . pl
It's a text file:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# blogpost_wp.pl
#
# post to a WordPress weblog (or any weblog using the MetaWeblog API
#
# usage: blogpost_wp.pl textfile
#

Link removed though and warning posted. We cannot have such stuff going
on - isn't that how cookies and such are stolen?

P.