[wp-forums] Two profiles, one member?

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Mon May 22 17:53:33 GMT 2006

While I agree - he STILL came on with DP and his signature lines seeking
link juice. (after he was told on the other account to stop)
He STILL gets snippy when anyone tells him he's wrong for doing so. (after
he was told on THIS account to stop)
He STILL tries to get people to contact him privately, with his attempts at
pumping up his services.
He STILL doesn't understand that the WP forum is not a place for him to try
to gain business.

I know I'm not the only person on these forums who has a business.
Especially one that relates to web design, blog design, etc.
But I've been asked to take my business address out of my profile, and I
did.
I was asked not to speak up so heavily about SEO issues, and well, I try
(some things just can't bear to continue without correction, and yes, some
people do ask about SEO with WP - so I try to be helpful and answer. However
NEVER have I suggested someone contact me for more help, or anything like
that.)

I can't help but raise the "this is unfair" flag when people like this get
to skirt around the rules when the rest of us follow them.

While I understand that the WP community shouldn't be shunning people who do
give real help, this person in particular (IMHO) needs to be told that "we"
know who he is, that he's STILL breaking rules even under a new name, and
that he needs to stop "or else" (whatever the mods feel "or else" should
be).

"Gaming the forums"? This guy is it, we knew it before, we know it know, and
if he's left to go on like this, he's won a battle, on a side that some of
us are too sensible and considerate to try fighting, and which while
difficult to fight against, should still be done.

Fair is fair.
This guy's not.