[wp-forums] Getting closer

Jesse S jesse at resiny.org
Fri May 19 18:49:35 GMT 2006

Yeah, a backend would be better than email. I just talked with Aaron, and
unfortunately he quit that whole thing before he actually did anything with
it, so it's basically just a wordpress theme layed out like a support system
with a few custom queries, etc. not much to use

but would wordpress actually be a decent base to build something like this
off of? You have the post by email, meaning that the install request can be
automatically posted (into a "ticket)

You could have only the title displaying, and the title be the URL. The rest
of the request could be the permalink, password protected so that only
installers could view the details.

The front page displays only the loop of one category (unresolved requests)
and installers take a request and change it to the "pending" category where
it leaves view. Once it's done it moves to another page where the
"completed" category loops, and people can see when their request is done.

Some of the other features would still need to be custom coded, but a lot of
functionality already exists in wp